7.20.2008

BROTHER AGAINST BROTHER

RIFFTRAX VS CINEMATIC TITANIC

I really think that Cinematic Titanic is a bit lame. I liked the shadows in MST3K, but they really seem lost trying to come up with physical motions for all the stuff they say. The Josh Elvis Weinstein guy in the upper left has the worst delivery. The lines just aren't that funny. I know I'm basing this off of just 'Doomsday Machine', but I'm pretty familiar with this group's M.O.

Rifftrax, on the other hand, really benefits from that parasitic relationship with big budget movies. Just watched Star Trek 5 last night for the first time and I don't think I could have watched the whole thing without those guys helping me along. (let alone Lauren making it through that crap) There were a lot of beans and pants filling jokes, though..

On Rifftrax I can safely say I've tried a variety of their work. From the original Willy Wonka, to Jurassic Park, to the Indiana Jones movies, and Star Trek.

No comments: