4.14.2009

Just had a dream come crashing back that I had last night. I knew I had an awesome one, but it took a lot of work to tease it back out of my brain.

The dream was that I had not seen the first episode of Mad Men, but I was watching it in the most vivid way possible. It turns out that the first episode deals with Don Draper being a time traveller from the future that had to be born in the past in order to travel there. He was very disappointed with where he was born. So he grew up unhappy, married several times in different parts of the country, always knowing what the future was going to bring but angry with how the time travel worked out. He keeps restarting his life in different places while trying to evade those that were sent from the future to prevent him from interfering. This first episode even has his kid figuring out that his dad is from the future. Eventually he finds his way to Madison Avenue and becomes crazy successful because he can just recall what successful advertising campaigns had happened. It also explains why he doesn't vote or care about politics - he knows he can't change the future.

No comments: