1.20.2008

Opera, Comics, Intravenous movies.

I seriously had planned to be posting more with my extra time before work, but apparently my burst of 3 posts way back when triggered a block of the site. Also, I haven't quite figured out how to best post from my phone. Hmm..

This weekend is a chock full one. Nominally I'm studying for my Series 66 - which will technically qualify me to be a full Financial Advisor, but that's not quite the plan where I'm working. I just need it, ok!?

Upside that helps - Lauren is down in Chambana for the weekend.

Distractions? MULTITUDES.

I just received a load of Ultimate trade paperbacks in the mail, which make for excellent diversionary tactics. I'm considering ditching the whole Marvel Universe 616 and sticking to Ultimate storylines only. Seriously, this whole Spider-Man retcon in the main title is bullshit. Also, I don't know what the hell is going on with the X-titles - they're cancelling half of them, making the main X-Men title a retro only title, and.. hu? I just want my X-Factor back with Madrox and Layla and their own brand of Noir..

Other distraction - Just signed up for Netflix after they began offering unlimited streaming video, even on the $9/mo plan. *Excellent*. We repurposed Lauren's computer, hooked it up to the HD, and we have all the old movies we can eat. I don't care if it's all old movies, I think I'm in heaven. Blockbuster? CANCELLED. That's what you get for jacking up my costs, jerks.

Major distraction? Went to see Doctor Atomic last night at the Lyric Opera House with tickets my boss hooked me up with. (Wikipedia) I don't know if I'm quite disposed towards opera. It kind of hurts my ear when I'm used to hearing.. Musical singing? Opera seems to be loud, prolonged, and overly dramatic. I'm so used to the Music Man, Oklahoma, West Side Story, Willy Wonka.. I kept trying to find some kind of melody in the singing and it was giving me a headache. I'm thinking I just need a little more experience with opera before being able to appreciate it.

No comments: