9.19.2009

Mr. Mom?

The topic of being a stay at home spouse came up at work yesterday and everybody seemed to be agreeing that if they didn’t have a kid at home, they would just go crazy. I got some odd looks when I said “oh, I’d probably start writing if I was designated the stay at home parent.” Is that so weird?

I look at it this way – my brain produces weird output. I take massive amounts of input. If I connect the two, I should be able to write a decent amount. Right?

Of course, it’s not likely to really be insightful unless I crack down and set my mind to it. If I *don’t* take it seriously, though.. I’ve seen a lot of people get good mileage out of media remixing and review.

At the very least, it would be interesting to get a chance to concentrate on a longer form than haiku. Not that there’s anything wrong with haiku! It helps keep my brain pressure under control during times of too little stimulus!

No comments: