12.22.2008

This morning I had the privilege of having my car frozen in place. I parked it on Saturday and there must have been some give to the snow and ice, then. So it all froze around my tires and I couldn't move a single inch. I felt like one of the monkeys from the start of 2001, pacing around the car, swinging my shovel at things, screaming at things I don't understand but that are rewriting my DNA. It doesn't help that it was -3F, -20 or worse windchill. I give up, looking at the car, debating calling in to work or not. I pull my scarf up over my face and make my way to CVS. All of their salt is only rated down to zero degrees. NO HELP THERE! Luckily they had some expensive stuff that creates an exothermic reaction and works down to -32F. I trudge back, use my shovel to apply liberally around the tires, and a few minutes later I can move. Too bad there's still a million ridges of ice as high as my car in the spot and alley. So I had to rock the hell out of the car to get out anyway.. But I'm here at work and all my morning printing is queued up. Sigh.

No comments: