10.28.2008

Markets and TV and games.

There's nothing that a record upswing day in the markets and a streak of nailing client calls won't fix. It's just so good to be able to talk to people, explain some things they aren't understanding, and not have them go apeshit because they think that psychics exist.

Our experiment with cable has officially ended today. It was kind of nice having all those Mythbusters, Dirty Jobs, and Daily Show/Colbert Reports on tap, but it really wasn't worth what we were paying. Our dollars are much better spent on Netflix and, some time soon, maybe an XBox to funnel it to our tv.

I'm totally a sucker for the hype again and have purchased Fallout 3 at full retail price. I did this last year for Bioshock and I still haven't beaten that. I think the key is to not be a perfectionist by trying to do the optimal choice in every damn situation. Sadly I'm only getting 330KB/s down, so I've got 4 hours to wait.

I suppose I can spend that waiting time playing World of Goo. So hard, yet so good on the later levels.

No comments: