9.07.2008

Baseball inanity

I've just got to say that it's a relief the Cubs broke their losing streak. It's kinda scary that they still have the best record in baseball even after a 6? game losing streak.

WGN did reassure me pretty well with a breakdown of the World Series winners this century. ALL of them had a bitch of a time in September. Maybe managers just aren't working their teams as hard so they save some gas for October? I can only hope that's what it is.

I'm really not happy with how the post-season ticket sales are being handled this year. Yeah, doing a lottery for tickets makes it more fair to everybody. But I was a pro at the old system! All it means is less money in my pocket. Sadface..

Hopefully they stick to the old method for regular season tickets next year. Although, win or lose the World Series, this may be the time to hop off the Cubs train. If they win, this is the best season they are ever likely to have. If they lose, it's never meant to be, because this is the best regular season they're ever likely to have.

No comments: