8.13.2008

Dollars and air and facial hair

Damned if it isn't easy to change the air filter in my car.

11 dollar filter, 7 screws to undo, a panel to lift off, and you just make sure you don't dump anything in the clean half of the compartment. Hardest part of it was that I was using my swiss army knife instead of a real screwdriver.

Also, I know that I don't really need to get my oil changed every 3,000 miles, but the engine purrs so nicely after getting that fresh lube.

On a side note, I'm not sure if I feel like a dick or just an unhappy consumer when I refused to bow to the cashier at the auto shop saying it was 'government regulations' that said I needed to show my ID before I could use my credit card. She folded like a house of cards when the words 'merchant agreement' came out of my mouth. I think people respect what I say more with the beard action, too. Who would have thought it could be so useful in arguments and as a conversation starter?

1 comment:

Sean Logan said...

as an employee of you know where, you don't sound like a dick when you decline to show your id. Most of the time, the customer would prefer to show their id just to prove that their cards are legit, possibly some kind of ego thing.

Though, there was this one time that a customer that someone else was handling totally flipped out when they were asked if they could hand over their credit card to verify the last four digits. it was kind of funny actually.